Friday, January 30, 2009

things i love

I've been thinking a lot lately about life, enjoying it, and finding pleasure in the simple things. Actually, number 1 on this list is what started it all. I was thinking about my parents and how fortunate I am to have them and for them to have their health. Then, I started to think about things about them that I love - and making my mom laugh and laughing with her is one of the things that I just love in life.

Mom, I know you read this, so this post kind of goes out to you. Thank you (and Dad too) for introducing me to my Creator who is my first Love, and for making my life a pleasure. I love you.

Just thought I'd reflect and make a list of things I've really come to love and enjoy...

1. making my mom laugh
2. my dad's expressions of love and service to my mom, which make him a true man in my eyes
3. being an aunt
4. teaching
5. my family
6. water
7. mountains
8. reading
9. laughing
10. Zephaniah 3:17
11. hearing children laugh freely
12. photography
13. being around other people
14. missions
15. rain boots
16. sleep
17. my dog
18. the intense love my grandparents still have for each other
19. broccoli casserole
20. my teddy bear (affectionately known as Stewart)
21. smiling
22. learning God's word
23. candles
24. pink
25. clean socks
26. movies
27. long showers
28. singing
29. clean bed sheets

This list does not tell everything that I love and enjoy, of course, but it's just a quick thought process that went through my mind. There are still many, many other things that I love, but these came to mind for me while I sat here.

My hope is to never lose sight of the simple things in life. Sometimes, that's all you have to look forward to.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Ah, thank you sweetie...I love laughing with you too! We can be quite silly at times, especially when we have our "Ellen" moments.