Thursday, October 9, 2008

be still

I've had somewhat of a rough evening. Just a lot of feelings coming over me because of the things going on around me in friends' lives. As I opened up my journal to pour my heart out tonight, I opened up to a page that said this:

Ps. 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God.
---Know that You are God? That concept didn't hit me until the way home today. When we know that You are God, we come to the realization that You are Almighty. You are forgiving, loving, caring, and gracious. God is the one true God - You are the one true God. You are the beginning and the end - the first and the last. You not only created the universe and its vast beauty, but You also created me. You are my God. Your dwelling place is in my being.
Help me to be conformed to You, transformed by You, and completely changed within Your presence. Thank You for Your glory and Your majesty. You are my hope and my foundation. In You I put my trust. Thank You, Daddy, for loving me and forgiving me.


That's what I needed to read tonight.

No comments: