Sunday, October 5, 2008

blood drive

Have you ever given blood? Like, for a blood drive? The last time I gave blood, I almost puked all over myself and everyone standing around me. Because of that, I got all of this attention from the nurses tending to everyone that day - and I didn't mind it at all! Anything they could do to make me feel better was great! They propped my feet up, put a fan directly in front of my face, and stuffed an ice-cold pack behind my neck. Besides having chattering teeth, I felt a LOT better shortly after they tended to my needs.

Well, Jesus gave blood too. But His blood didn't save only 2 or 3 lives as the ladies told me my blood would save that day. No - His blood saved all of mankind who would believe in Him and follow Him. He gave it all. As He was giving His blood, He became weak and desired something to drink. Did we rush to His side with an ice old Coke with a straw for easy drinking? No - we offered Jesus, our Majesty and Savior, a vinegar-soaked rag, which only caused more discomfort than anything else. He didn't demand a fan or an ice pack - He didn't even demand a host of angels for that matter. He endured the giving of not only His blood but His life. His majesty was seen after He died and rose again after 3 days. But, His body still bore the scars - reminders to us that He gave it all on that day. Not only His blood, but His life.

And He did it for us - for you.

No comments: